CSIR NET PART A Formula Sheet + Preparation Strategy
CSIR NET Part A, General Aptitude Section – scares the hell out of many NET aspirants. Some feel it’s too difficult for them, some feel it’s just maths, and being from a Bio background, maths is not their cup of tea. But in reality, CSIR NET Life Science PART A – General Aptitude Section plays an important role in helping you qualify for the exam. It can help you fetch extra marks that can take you beyond the cut-off. All you need is to follow the correct preparation strategy. Biotecnika, time & again, has helped CSIR NET Aspirants ace the exam by providing appropriate help & this time, we are here with CSIR NET PART A Formula Sheet, which you can download for free. It consists of a list of important formulas you must know to solve PART Questions correctly & efficiently in a short time.
Before, let’s understand the in & outs of CSIR NET Life Science PART A Syllabus & Marking System.
CSIR NET Life Science PART A Syllabus
- CSIR NET Life Science Part A mostly has questions from the below categories: Mathematics & Reasoning.
- Questions on Numerical Ability, Data Interpretation, and Graphical Analysis are also asked.
- To sum up, the PART Topics to be studied can be categorized as follow:
- Number System: Time, distance & speed-based questions. Calendar problems, Time & work-related questions.
- Arithmetics: Ratio proportion, Average, problems on Ages, Percentage
- Probability: Permutation & Combination, Arrangement
- Business Maths: Profit & Loss, Simple interest, and Compound interest.
- Geometry & mensuration: (area, perimeter, surface area, volume), Angles, Triangles, Circle, Quadrilateral, and Polygons.
- Trigonometry: Sine function, Cosine function, and Tangent Function
- Statistics: Mean, Mode and Median, SD, SE
- Others: Clock problems, Data Interpretation, Graphical Analysis
- Alphabet sequence and series.
- Blood Relations
- Symbol sequence + More
CSIR NET PART A Marking Scheme
|Total No of questions in CSIR NET PART A||20|
|Total No of Questions To Be Answered from PART A||15|
|Marks Allotted per Question||2|
- Question paper of CSIR NET life science exam shall consist of 20 questions in PART A. Out of which you are required to answer only 15 Questions.
- Even if you answer more, only the first 15 questions will be considered.
- Each question will carry 2 marks and a negative marking of 0.5 per the wrong answer.
Download CSIR NET PART A Formula Sheet
Download CSIR NET Sep 2022 – 2 month Master study planner here
Now that we know the Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme for CSIR NET PART A, the question is how to start studying for it. And to help you organize your PART A CSIR NET Preparation, below is a sample timetable that you can follow and steps on how to use it.
CSIR NET Life Science PART A – General Aptitude 60 Days Study & Revision Time Table
|No of Days||General Aptitude (Part A) Topics|
|Day 1||Time and Work|
|Day 2||Time Speed and Distance|
|Day 5||Proportion and variation|
|Day 6||Profit & Loss|
|Day 9||Quadratic Equation|
|Day 10||Sequence & Series|
|Day 12||Number System|
|Day 19||Ratio analysis|
|Day 25||Surds & Indices|
|Day 28||Measures of dispersion|
|Day 29||Bar graph|
|Day 30||Line chart|
|Day 31||Pie chart|
|Day 33||Data Interpretation|
|Day 34||Simple Intrest|
|Day 35||Compound Intrest|
|Day 38||Ranking & Arrangement|
|Day 39||Clock & Calendar|
|Day 40||Directions & distance|
|Day 42||Series formation|
|Day 43||Problem on Age|
|Important Topics Part Wise Revision|
|Day 44||Revision Part 1 (Time & Work)|
|Day 45||Revision Part 1 (Continuation Time & Work)|
|Day 46||Revision Part 2 (Time & Speed, Distance)|
|Day 47||Revision Part 2 ( Continuation Time & Speed, Distance|
|Day 48||Revision Part 3 (Permutation & Combination)|
|Day 49||Revision Part 3 ( Permutation & Combination)|
|Day 50||Revision Part 4 (Sequence & Series)|
|Day 51||Revision Part 4 ( Continuation Sequence & Series)|
|Day 52||Revision Part 5 (Number System)|
|Day 53||Revision Part 5 ( Number System)|
|Day 54||Revision Part 6(Allegation & Mixture)|
|Day 55||Revision Part 6 ( Allegation & Mixture)|
|Day 56||Revision Part 7(Ratio)|
|Day 57||Revision Part 7 ( Continuation Ratio)|
|Day 58||Revision Part 8 (Simplification)|
|Day 59||Revision Part 8 ( Continuation Simplification)|
|Day 60||Focus on Reasoning Questions|
Preparation Strategy for CSIR NET Life Science PART A
- Practice each topic per day for a minimum of 30 mins
- First, 15 minutes go through& understand the formulas, and the next 15 min and the remaining time can be used for solving questions from that topic – at least 10 questions
- Do an analysis of PYQ’a and understand what kind of questions are mostly repeated and give special emphasis on solving those.
- If you find some topics difficult to understand, like trigonometry, quadratic equation, etc., we recommend you skip those topics and move to others.
- Master those topics first, which are easy to solve in less time by applying simple formulas.
- Solving PART A from PYQs will give you ample experience to attempt a good number of questions from this section in the upcoming CSIR NET life science exam.
- A CSIR NET PART A formula sheet with all important formulas will be very handy and help in quick revision – Download it below.
- Attempting Mock Tests for PART A is a must.
Download CSIR NET PART A Formula Sheet
Download CSIR NET Notes PDF