DRDO-RAC Scientist Recruitment 2022 For Biochem & Microbiology
DRDO-RAC Scientist Recruitment 2022 For Biochem & Microbiology. DRDO Recruitment & Assessment Centre (RAC) is hiring for scientist vacancies. Biochemistry and Microbiology candidates apply at DRDO-RAC. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
RECRUITMENT & ASSESSMENT CENTRE (RAC)
Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi – 110054
Online Application is mandatory (Closing date: 21 days from activation of the link)
RAC invites online applications from graduate engineers and post graduates in Science including students who are appearing or have appeared in their final year examination and are likely to get a final/provisional degree before the closing date through the RAC website https://rac.gov.in for recruitment to the posts of Scientist `B’ in Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) in Level-10 (7th CPC) of the Pay Matrix (Rs.56,100/-) in specified disciplines and categories. Total emoluments (including HRA and all other allowances) at the time of joining will be approximately Rs. 88,000/- p.m. at the present metro city rate.
DRDO, India’s premier Defence R&D organisation employs bright, qualified and competent scientists in Group ‘A’ (Gazetted) technical service known as Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS) and offers exciting and challenging career opportunities in a broad spectrum of technologies at its laboratories/establishments (more than 50) located across the country. For further information about DRDO, pleas
e visit the DRDO website https://drdo.gov.in.
ADA, Bengaluru, is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India entrusted with the design & development of the Light Combat Aircrafts for Defence Services. ADA provides challenging career opportunities and an excellent working environment. The candidates selected against ADA vacancies will be designated as Scientist/Engineer ‘B’ and will not be part of DRDS. For further information about ADA, please visit the ADA website https://ada.gov.in.
DST, Govt of India, is primarily entrusted with the responsibility of the formulation of S&T policies and their implementation; identification of thrust areas of research in different sectors of S&T; technology information, forecasting and assessment; international collaboration; organising, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. For further information about DST, please visit the DST website www.dst.gov.in.
Table 1 given below shows discipline-wise details of vacancies and is divided into 2 parts – Part 1 (3 disciplines), and Part II (14 disciplines).
Table1 (Part-I): The recruitment in the disciplines mentioned below will be based on a valid GATE score, a Written Examination and a Personal Interview.
Table 1 (Part-II) – The recruitment in the disciplines mentioned below will be based on valid GATE scores and a Personal Interview.
|Organization||No. of Vacancies||Details of corresponding
Essential Qualification (EQ) &
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
|Equivalent acceptable subjects of Essential Qualification Degree|
At least First Class Master’s Degree in Microbiology
from a recognised university or equivalent.GATE Qualification :
Valid GATE score in Life Sciences [Paper code: XL]
At least First Class Master’s Degree in Biochemistry
from a recognised university or equivalent.GATE Qualification :
Valid GATE score in Life Sciences [Paper code: XL]
#: a) Candidates who do not have First Class/Division in EQ degree can apply against the vacancies of DST only.
b) Candidates having their EQ degree from foreign universities should obtain an equivalence certificate from ‘The Association of Indian Universities, Delhi’ and submit the same on or before the closing date of receipt of applications.
c) In case a particular institute does not have any criteria for First Class or equivalent, 60% of marks will be taken as equivalent to First Class for that institute. In such cases where a conversion formula is not available, CGPA/CPI of 6.75 (for a 10-point scale) will be taken as equivalent to 60% as per AICTE guidelines. For a scale other than 10 point scale the first-class CGPA/CPI ( 6.75) will be converted proportionately.
@ : 51 out of the total vacancies of DRDO are Backlog vacancies of OBC (21 vacancies), SC (19 vacancies), ST (11 vacancies).
*: a) Thirteen out of the 579 vacancies of DRDO are reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) in the following categories –
– Four (2 backlog+ 2 fresh) vacancies for PwD-Hearing Handicapped (HH) category, in the * marked disciplines.
– Three (1 backlog + 2 fresh) vacancies for PwD-Locomotor Disability (LD) category including Leprosy cured (OL, OA), Acid Attack Victims (AAV), Dwarfism (Dw), in the * marked disciplines.
– Six vacancies for PwD-AAV/Dw, in the rest of the disciplines.
b) Shortlisting of candidates for the vacancies for PwD(HH), PwD(LD), and PwD (AAV/Dw) categories – whether in Part-I or Part-II of Table 1 – will only be done through the GATE score and not through the Written Examination. This means that PWD engineering graduates from IITs/NITs having 80% or more and not having a valid GATE score will not be eligible for selection against PWD vacancies. However, if a PwD candidate wants to compete against UR or her/his own category in permitted disciplines of Table 1(Part 1), then such a candidate would also have to take the Written Examination if shortlisted (Refer to Para 5 below).
1. ELIGIBILITY FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
1.1. ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
For Subjects/Disciplines in each part of Table 1 (Part-II)
Candidates should possess the requisite Essential Qualification (EQ) along with a valid GATE Qualification.
1.2.AGE LIMIT FOR CANDIDATES (as on closing date of advertisement)
Only Indian nationals need to apply.
2. HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are required to register online at the RAC website (https://rac.gov.in).
- On successful registration, the candidates may log in before the closing date of the advertisement to fill out the application form online. The candidates are required to upload the requisite certificates (See Para 3 for details), the details of the application fee payment (if not exempted) and lock the application before submission of the same.
- All serving candidates (whether in permanent or temporary capacity) working in Government or in Government owned organizations (PSU/Joint venture, Government promoted societies and Government/NonGovernment companies/Agencies/Entities where Government or Government-promoted companies/Agencies/Entities have a combined controlling stake of 50% or more) need to upload a signed declaration as per format given on the website that they have informed in writing to their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) that they have applied for the post in RAC, DRDO and in case of any objection, the employer may communicate with RAC (at email: [email protected]) directly within 15 days of the closing date of online registration. The candidates will be required to produce a copy of proof of their communication with their employer (intimation/acknowledgement) regarding their application for the post at the time of the interview. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by RAC withholding permission to the candidates applying for the posts, their candidature will be liable for cancellation.
- Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the online recruitment application (pdf format) after locking the online application form.
- Only locked/finalised applications in all respects shall be considered.
- Points to be considered while filling the Application form
a) The GATE paper and the subject of qualifying degree of the candidates must be as per the discipline-wise table provided (Table 1).
b) Candidates are advised to be careful while filling in their GATE score, as the shortlisting will be based on the score filled in the application form.
c) The scrutiny of the application will only be done for those candidates who are above the cut-off of GATE score, as per the norms of shortlisting specified in the advertisement. A wrongly filled GATE score may automatically result in the candidate not getting shortlisted for scrutiny purposes also.
d) RAC may be verifying the GATE score of the applicants, and if the verification requires any additional information at a later stage (apart from the information sought on the application form), the same will be asked from the candidate. Failing to furnish the required information
when asked will make their candidature liable for cancellation.
e) On verification, if it is found that the candidate’s GATE score (as filled by him/her) is false, then RAC reserves the right to initiate appropriate proceedings (including criminal proceedings) against the candidate.
3. DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED ONLINE
- Self attested certificates/testimonials regarding Date of Birth (Matriculation /High School Certificate or Birth Certificate issued by appropriate local authority), Essential Qualification degree along with mark-sheets (both front and reverse side), Conversion Formula (CGPA/CPI to Percentage), Caste, EWS status, Ex-serviceman, Disability, Employment in Central Govt civilian posts, etc. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500KB and it must be legible when a printout is taken.
- Candidates are required to submit the relevant affidavit if there is any mismatch in the name of self or parents as mentioned in the application form with any of the certificates /documents being uploaded.
- A recent passport size colour photograph (size not exceeding 30KB; resolution of 110 x 140 pixels).
- Scanned sample of candidate’s signature.
- Valid GATE score card (Applicable only for Category I candidates in Part-I disciplines, and for all candidates in Part-II disciplines).
- The candidates, whether in Govt Service or in Govt owned organisations, should upload a signed declaration (as per the proforma available on the RAC website) that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in writing that they have applied for the post of Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO.
4. APPLICATION FEE & MODE OF PAYMENT
General (UR), EWS and OBC male candidates are required to pay a non-refundable non-transferable application fee of Rs100/- (Rs. One Hundred only) payable online only. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
Online submission closes after 21 days from activation of Link.
- Online application submission link is available at the RAC website (https://rac.gov.in)
- Those applications which are not locked/finalised by the candidates in accordance with the instructions will be automatically rejected by the computer system and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Therefore candidates are advised to submit/finalise the application carefully and enclose all necessary documents as applicable.
- The applicants should ensure their eligibility in respect of age, essential qualification etc.
- No request with respect to the change in any data submitted by the candidates will be entertained once the closing date of online submission is over.
- The OBC (Non-creamy Layer) candidates are required to submit the requisite certificate in the prescribed format of the Government of India, from a competent authority. The certificate must have been issued on or after 01 Apr 2022 and must be valid through the Financial Year 2022-23.
- The EWS candidates are required to submit a requisite certificate (Income & Assets) in the prescribed format of the Government of India, from a competent authority. The certificate must have been issued on or after 01 Apr 2022 and must be valid through the Financial Year 2022-23.
- Applicants are advised not to change their registered mobile number as vital information regarding their shortlisting/selection status will be intimated through SMS.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their admit card for the Written Examination (Only for Part-I disciplines) /call letter for interview respectively along with its venue, date & time after successful registration through the RAC website. Intimation in this regard shall be sent as SMS on the registered mobile number of the candidate. Candidates may please note that the admit card for the Written Examination/call letter for the interview will not be sent by post/courier.
- Detailed guidelines for submission of online applications are available on the RAC website (https://rac.gov.in).
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the RAC website (https://rac.gov.in) for updates that are issued from time to time.
- The number of vacancies may vary.
- Translation ambiguity, if any, can be resolved to the English version of the advertisement published in the Employment News.
- Dispute, if any, will be subject to the courts/tribunals having jurisdiction over Delhi only.
IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS
For all queries related to applying online for this advertisement, please contact phone no. 011-23889528 or email at [email protected] or [email protected].
Click here for the notification
APPLY ONLINE LINK
(will be updated shortly)
Editor’s Note: DRDO-RAC Scientist Recruitment 2022 For Biochem & Microbiology. DRDO-RAC Scientist Recruitment 2022. DRDO-RAC Scientist Recruitment 2022. DRDO-RAC Scientist Recruitment 2022. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.