Field Bioinformatics Scientist Job Opening at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Field Bioinformatics Scientist Job Opening at Thermo Fisher Scientific. MSc & PhD Bioinformatics Vacancy. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Name of the Post – Field Bioinformatics Scientist
Location – Gurgaon
Job ID – 202380BR
- The FAS (Field Application Scientist) plays a significant role in ensuring the successful utilization of the products supplied by THERMO FISHER to its customer labs.
- The FAS would typically help in Pre-sales discussions/ Demos, Post Sales Support including Training and Troubleshooting – either on-site or in a Virtual mode.
- There is a requirement of continuous up-gradation of knowledge/ skills for every Field Application Scientist, which includes keeping up-to-date product information as well as other relevant scientific knowledge.
- The FAS Job involves a lot of travel-related to the Field jobs, as also related to internal training, training conducted in our Demo Labs, Conferences, Workshops and Meetings at customer sites or in ThermoFisher organized events.
- The ability to solve problems and In-depth -Root Cause Analysis -in case of any deviations from normal data on the above-mentioned technologies- are part of the necessary skills for the job profile.
- FAS job profile also includes remote support to users- either through phone/ digital platforms or email communications, and the candidate must have a good command of Written and virtual communication.
- Support to internal teams (Sales, Service and also other FAS) is also a necessary aspect of this role.
- The FAS is expected to attend all required training, create the records in designated Software tools- for all the jobs covered – and also provide the data for Customer Feedback surveys.
- Master’s degree in science, PhD preferred with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Requires good knowledge of the next-generation sequencing analysis and understanding of clinical and research applications.
- Prior experience in NGS data analysis for clinical/research applications is crucial.
- Experience with Ion torrent data analysis and software (Ampliseq designer, Torrent Suite software, Ion Reporter and Oncomine reporter) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used Bioinformatics software for NGS data analysis and industry-standard file formats (FASTA, BAM, VCF, BED, FASTQ)
- Experience with public genomic data sources such as genomeAD, TCGA, COSMIC, and ClinVar is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Linux and basic system administration skills are required.
- Proficiency in Python or Perl, R, Linux shell scripting and scientific data visualization is required.
- Familiarity with data backup solutions, data migration, disaster recovery and network security are advantages.
Editor’s Note: Field Bioinformatics Scientist Job Opening at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.