IISER Berhampur Admissions 2023 For PhD Biological Sciences
IISER Berhampur Admissions 2023 For PhD Biological Sciences. Biological Sciences PhD Admission January 2023 at IISER. IISER Berhampur 2023 PhD Admissions. IISER Berhampur 2023 Admission for PhD Biological Sciences. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This Call Expires In
Admission to Ph.D. Programme – January 2023
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. programme starting from January 2023. Currently, IISER Berhampur offers Ph.D. programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences disciplines. Students with a Master’s degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics OR in any relevant interdisciplinary area closely related to the mainstream are encouraged to apply for Ph.D. programme.
Ph.D. students must successfully complete course work, qualifying examination, seminars, and a dissertation. Besides the mandatory requirements, students are encouraged to participate in several professional activities such as workshops, review meetings and conferences. All doctoral students are also expected to participate in the undergraduate teaching programme of the Institute as a part of their training.
Please note that the precise eligibility
criteria for January 2023 admissions may vary from department to department. A glimpse of the research areas open for admission and admission criteria are provided on the admission webpage and further information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Berhampur website. Prospective students satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to acquaint themselves with the research areas of our faculty members for a suitable match of interest.
Broad Areas of Research:
Machine Learning and Deep Learning in Brain Disorders, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy, Big Data Analytics in Health and Diseases
Life-history evolution, Sexual selection and sexual conflict, Non-genetic inheritance.
Plant-Environment Interaction, Developmental Biology, Stress Physiology.
Fungal Molecular Genetics, Circadian Rhythms.
Post transcriptional Gene Regulation, Stem Cell Biology, Human Genetic Disorders.
Comparative Genomics, Evolutionary Genomics, Genome Evolution, Molecular Evolution, Phylogenetics.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance / Magnetic Resonance Imaging ,neuroimaging and artificial intelligence.
Click here for more information of Biology faculty profiles.
- M.S/ M.Sc./M.Tech/M.Pharm/MBBS or equivalent in any discipline of Science/Medicine/Pharmacy /Engineering/ Technology with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale. (Overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject)
- If the transcript/grade sheet issued by the Institute/University reports:
- Only marks, percentage will be considered.
- Only grades, CGPA/CPI will be considered. If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (eg. 4 point/ 8 point scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula:
CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS
PS = Point scale used by the Institute/University.
- Both marks and CGPA/CPI
- Percentage equivalent of CGPA/CPI, as indicated on the transcript/gradesheet, will be considered, if absolute grading was followed.
- CGPA/CPI ONLY will be considered, if relative grading was followed.
- Exceptionally brilliant candidates with B.Tech./MBBS/MCA also apply for Ph.D. programme in Biological Sciences.
- Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/GATE/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF/DBT (JRF A category)/ICMR (JRF category I)/NET-LS/INSPIRE-PhD/JGEEBILS or any other recognized score is mandatory.The certificate/fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission
OrBS-MS Dual Degree graduates of IISERs and B.Tech graduates of IITs with CPI >=8.
- Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or ICMR-JRF category-I or DBT-JRF or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application. Such candidates may walk-in for the interview provided they have qualified examination for any of the above fellowships before the interview date. Such candidates will not be sent a call letter for the interview. However, they should write to the head of the department, Department of Biological Sciences at [email protected] (with a CC to [email protected]) and inform if they will attend the interview.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for PhD programme. However, if selected, admission to the PhD programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories.
- Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
- All communication with candidates will be done by e-mail only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for PhD programme. However, if selected, admission to the PhD programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before December 2022.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The date of the interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
- Reservation will be applied according to Govt. of India norms. Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
- Applicant’s age should not exceed more than 28 years at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants.
- All selected candidates will be eligible for either an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- per month or a fellowship as per the norms of the funding agency, in vogue, subject to satisfactory performance in their coursework.
In case of any department-specific queries, please contact the respective department heads (E-mail ids given below) with a CC to [email protected].
Click here to APPLY ONLINE
Editor’s Note: IISER Berhampur Admissions 2023 For PhD Biological Sciences. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.