IISER Pune PhD 2022 Vacancy For Life Sciences – Applications Invited
IISER Pune PhD 2022 Vacancy For Life Sciences – Applications Invited. RA Vacancy for PhD candidates. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
ADVT NO – 51/2022
Name of the Post – Research Associate (RA)
No. of Posts – 01 (One)
Name of the Project – “Neural mechanisms underlying the production of complex vocal sequences”
Project Code – 30721569
Funding Agency – DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance
Tenure of the appointment – Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
- RA – Not more than 35 years as of the last date of application
- SRF – Not more than 32 years as of the last date of application
How to Apply –
- Interested candidates should fill online application available on Click here to apply on or before July 27, 2022.
- List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention a valid Email ID and active Mobile Number in the application form.
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. and recent passport size photograph will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage.
General Information/Details about the post –
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on the termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
- The prescribed educational qualification is the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the selection process. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to carry out the selection process for all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualification and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all their qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- Age relaxation is commensurate with educational qualification/s and/or experience/s of
the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualifications and experience
higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- In case, a selected candidate does not join or resigns after joining the post, waitlisted
candidate/s may be offered the position.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Job Requirement – Incumbent is expected to carry out electrophysiological recordings during singing in two species of songbirds.
Minimum Educational Qualification –
- Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences or related discipline.
- Candidate must have at least one peer-reviewed international publication or manuscript on biorxiv from her / his Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply.
Preference – Candidates having research experience with songbirds and analysis of acoustic signals will be preferred.
Consolidated emoluments –
- 47,000/- plus 24 percent HRA pm
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis, but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified or the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA per month till the time of submission of Provisional PhD certificate.
Click here to download the application format
Click here for the notification
Editor’s Note: IISER Pune PhD 2022 Vacancy For Life Sciences – Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.