RCB PhD Admissions 2022-23 Announced – Applications Invited
Regional Centre for Biotechnology announces PhD admission for the session 2022-23. Ph.D. program 2022. Ph.D. admission at RCB. Ph.D. admission announced. Ph.D. programme 2022-23. Intrested and eligible candidates may checkout all the details on the same below:
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an Institution of National Importance, created by an Act of Parliament, established by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India under the auspices of UNESCO
The Doctoral Degree Programme
The Centre offers a doctoral program leading to the award of the Ph.D. degree to students holding a post-graduate degree (or an equivalent) in any field of science, medicine, or technology. The selected students undergo a course work followed by research leading to a doctoral thesis under the mentorship of a faculty. The program is suited to candidates having the interest to work at the interface of multiple disciplines in the areas related (but not limited) to structural biology, molecular medicine, infectious disease biology, agricultural biotechnology, systems, synthetic biology, cancer & cell biology. The details of various research programs at RCB can be found on our website (www.rcb.res.in).
Qualifications: MSc/MTech in any branch of Life Sciences/Chemistry/Physics/
MPharma/MVSc/MBBS or an equivalent degree.
- Qualifying Marks: 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in the qualifying
degree examination (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/differently-abled allowed as
per the GoI norms).
No of seats: Twenty-Five (25)
Reservation of seats: As per the GoI guidelines.
In addition to the above, candidates should have qualified any of the following
examinations and hold a valid fellowship offer at the time of interview:
• Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF)
• Innovation in science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE)
• DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)
• ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF)
• Any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government of India
having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
The application shall be submitted as per link given below. Subsequently, an application fee of Rs.500/-, if applicable is to be submitted by the applicant before the due date. SC/ST/PwD/EWS candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee. The applications received before the due date will be scrutinized for eligibility. Eligible candidates will be called for a written test and/or interview on July 21 and 22, 2022 at RCB, Faridabad.
- Providing false/ incorrect information in the application form or non-possession of essential qualifications detected at any stage of the selection process will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The decision of the Competent Authority at RCB shall be final and binding in this regard. Fellowship
- The students admitted to the program will have to avail the fellowship for which they have qualified as per the rules of the funding agency. RCB will have no financial liability regarding the same.
- The student admitted to the PhD program will have to pay the following fees:
Laboratory Fees Rs. 6000 per semester
Tuition Fees (1st & 2nd Semester Only) Rs. 6000 per semester
Academic Administration Fees Rs. 5000 per semester
Medical Fees Rs. 3000 per semester
Student Amenities Fees Rs. 1000 per semester
Caution Money Rs. 5000 (once, at the time of admission, refundable)
Thesis Examination Fees Rs. 10000 (at the time of submission of thesis)
Hostel security and charges will be applicable in case availing hostel facility.
Application Fee Rs.500/- (to be submitted in continuation with the online form)
Last Date: July 08, 2022. For any issue in filling up the Application Form, kindly mail to [email protected]/[email protected]
View Main Notification
Editors Note: RCB PhD Admissions 2022-23 Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.