Shell Research Jobs 2022 – Soil Microbiology Jobs 2022
Shell Research Jobs 2022 – Soil Microbiology Jobs 2022. Shell Bengaluru PhD Jobs. Soil Microbiology PhD Job at Shell Bengaluru. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Name of the Post – NBS Researcher-Microbial Biogeochemistry
Reference ID – R61274
Location – Bangalore
Employment Type – Full time
The Role –
As Shell seeks to reduce its carbon footprint, you will develop and implement solutions that will enable Shell to thrive in the Energy Transition. The avoidance of greenhouse gas emissions and capture & storage of CO2 by biomass in natural ecosystems underpins our Nature Based Solutions (NBS) business which enables our customers to decarbonise. You will deliver the R&D upon which this business, and Shell’s Net Carbon Footprint (NCF) reduction ambitions, depend.
Where you fit in
You will provide deep technical expertise in soil microbiology and microbial biogeochemistry to the rapidly growing NBS activities across Shell, including helping the businesses to achieve its goals. There is also a significant R&D programme in this area. The scope of this work is global, with a special focus on key regions where Shell’s NBS businesses are
pursuing opportunities including the US, EU, India, Africa and Brazil.
Your responsibilities will include designing and implementing of experimental programs as well as collaborating with colleagues on, agriculture and forestry, remote sensing, GIS, LCA modelling, ecosystem services, environmental regulations and policy. The successful candidate will be expected to work with Shell scientists and engineers globally, with external partners and with Shell’s NBS and A&F decarbonization businesses.
What’s the role
You will be instrumental in enabling Shell to meet its strategic objectives in decarbonisation through your technical expertise in soil microbial biogeochemistry and related areas. You will form part of a community of deep technical experts in NBS, whose skills are unique within Shell, located in Shell Technology Centre Amsterdam (NL), Shell Technology Centre Bangalore (India) and Shell Technology Centre Houston (USA).
- Delivery of the experimental, technical, and theoretical components of the R&D programme in soil microbiology and microbial biogeochemistry and technical support to NBS projects globally within the agreed time, cost, and quality parameters. A key aspect is to design and implement experimental programs in the lab and in the field.
- Develop partnerships with internal & external stakeholders to address challenges related to soil microbiology and biogeochemistry that are important for NBS and A&F sectoral decarbonization business.
- Ensure that Shell maintains a current and insightful position in soil microbiology and biogeochemistry relevant to its businesses, including microbial ecology, plant and soil microbiota, microbial metabolism, microbial nutrient cycling, soil C cycles, biofertilizers and MRV (measurement, reporting and verification) for NBS projects.
- Support Shell’s NBS businesses in assessing, screening, and developing new project opportunities and subsequently in monitoring the projects that are deployed.
- Contribute to the development of knowledgebase at Shell, develop content, based on science, to support advocacy, informing stakeholders and outreach around NBS.
- Develop deep insights on the regulatory framework, including in voluntary and compliance Carbon markets and use those insights to support future NBS and A&F projects and growth opportunities.
- Guide and support screening of third-party technologies and companies – including supporting Shell Ventures in investment opportunities.
- Maintaining Shell’s scientific credibility by publishing the results of your work in peer-reviewed journals, internal technical reports, conference presentations, and patent filings.
What we need from you
You will bring deep technical expertise in the areas of soil microbiology and microbial biogeochemistry. When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations with other Shell businesses and with external technology partnerships, it’s your excellent people skills that will make the difference. A learner mindset, transparency and sharing of data and lessons will be essential. You will need to demonstrate a commitment to Health, Safety, Security and Environment including fieldwork in the natural environment. Furthermore, you will have:
- A PhD in soil microbiology, biogeochemistry, earth sciences, or in a related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in relevant areas with the ability to design experiments to test hypotheses, conduct independent research, and publish a manuscript(s) in peer-reviewed journals.
- Field and/or R&D experience in soil microbial biogeochemistry, with its application in agriculture e.g., enhancing biomass and/or soil C, reducing GHG emissions, plant nutrition management, new nutrient solutions/ products, analytic method development and measurement of biogeochemical processes using either of gene markers, metagenomics, stable isotope probing, RNA-based methods including bioinformatics or modelling, etc.
- Demonstrated a willingness to learn and apply cross-disciplinary approaches to solving problems and be happy working in a tight-knit, but globally dispersed team.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills; capable of effective and impactful communications across topics, audiences, and formats at various organisational levels.
Editor’s Note: Shell Research Jobs 2022 – Soil Microbiology Jobs 2022. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.