Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholar Awards 2022
Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholar Awards 2022. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This call expires in
We invite Heads of Research Institutions, Universities, Medical and Pharmaceutical Colleges of India to nominate Young Scientists for the “Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholar Awards 2022”
These awards are meant to support the brilliant and upcoming new generation of scientists and researchers of India with an aim to provide further impetus to research activity in the country and to stimulate their interest in research careers in the felds of Bio-Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholar Awards-2022
There are four Science Scholar Awards, two each in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The value of each scholar award is Rupees Fifty Thousand and an additional fifty thousand will be provided for attending an international conference to present their abstracts/posters. To avail of this additional amount, the awardee should submit the invitation letter from the conference organizing committee and all the expense details with documentary proof to the Foundation’s office.
- Only Indian nationals doing their research in India are eligible for these awards.
- Age should be less than 30 years as of July 01, 2022.
- Should have completed at least 1st year of MD or PhD in Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences. Applicants who have already completed their MD or PhD are not eligible for the Award.
- Should have completed a Research Project
- The Award is open to all disciplines related to Biomedical and Pharmaceutical sciences.
- Should be willing to present his/her research work in front of knowledgeable assessors.
How to Apply –
The applicants should submit their nominations online at www.sunpharmasciencefoundation.net. The website will open to submit nominations from July 01, 2022, to August 31, 2022. The following informations should be uploaded on the website.
- Detailed CV with photograph
- Copy of their research work under the following headings –
– Material and Methods
– Statistical Analysis
– Impact of the research on the advancement of knowledge or benet to mankind
– Literature references
- A letter from the supervisor certifying that the research work under reference has actually been done by the applicant, and also a citation about his/her research work.
- A forwarding letter from the Head of Department or Head of Institution giving justification for nominating the applicant.
- A voluntary declaration from the applicant that they would work in the public or private funded academic/research-based organizations for a minimum period of two years after completion of his/her studies.
- A clear indication of the category of the award (please mention whether the nomination is for the Biomedical Sciences or Pharmaceutical Sciences category).
- A letter stating that the project submitted for Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholar Awards-2022 has received “Ethical Clearance” from the concerned authorities (please attach a certificate of ethical clearance, if any).
- A statement duly signed by the nominee and the supervisor/co-authors that academically or financially the thesis submitted for Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholar Awards-2022 has “no conflict of interest” with the supervisor or co-authors.
The applicant should also upload the following information with testimonials.
1. Class XII
a. Aggregate marks obtained in PCB/PCM
b. The number of attempts
c. Year of passing
2. Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree
a. Aggregate marks obtained
b. The number of attempts
c. Year of passing
3. Publications, if any
a. Name of the journal/publication
b. Title of the article
c. Year, volume, page number of the article (Please upload reprint)
4. Merits and Awards
a. Name of the award/merit certificate, if any, already received by the applicant
a. Name of the scholarship, if any, already received by the applicant
6. Proof of age
After uploading the nomination on the website, it is required to send a set of a print copy of the nomination along with all the uploaded information, to the office of Sun Pharma Science Foundation, to reach by September 15, 2022.
Method of shortlisting
The shortlisting will be done based on predetermined criteria of equal weightage and the quality of the research work. There will be three assessors each in the Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, who will evaluate the nominations independently and the average score of each will be taken into consideration. The first five candidates will be short-listed in each group.
The short-listed applicants– five each from Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences will be invited by the Foundation to present their research work to a group of knowledgeable assessors. The applicants should be prepared to answer the questions, which may arise after the presentations. Besides the assessors, the other audience will include students, researchers and academicians.
There will be at least three assessors each in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The assessment will be based purely on voting by the assessors. In case of a tie, the award will be jointly shared between two applicants.
The decision of the committee of assessors will be final and cannot be challenged. The results will be conveyed either at the end of the session or by post, separately.
- The selected candidates will be called as Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholars. A certificate to this effect will be presented during the award ceremony.
- The selected Science Scholars are also expected to attend an international conference and present a paper/poster/abstract in the area of their expertise and submit a report to this effect to the Foundation.
- The Foundation will provide a lump sum grant of Rs.50,000/- to the Science Scholars to meet their expenses for attending one international conference to present their abstracts/posters, upon submitting the invitation letter and expense statement with documental proof to the office of Sun Pharma Science Foundation.
- To and fro apex airfare including boarding and lodging expenses will be provided when invited by the Foundation to receive the award. They will also be invited to participate in the annual Symposium, Sun Pharma Science Foundation Research Awards Presentation Ceremony and Conferences organized by the Foundation to meet and interact with the outstanding scientists and researchers present on these occasions.
The deadline for submitting the nomination is August 31, 2022.
Responsibilities of the Science Scholars
- The Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholars will have no claim of any sort with Sun Pharma Science Foundation or the Sun Pharma group of companies.
- The Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholars are expected to give a voluntary declaration that they would work in the public or private funded academic/research-based organizations for a minimum period of two years after completion of their studies.
- The Science Scholars will keep the Foundation informed about their achievements from time to time.
Please submit the nominations online latest by August 31, 2022, and send a print copy of the uploaded nomination to the office of Sun Pharma Science Foundation to receive by September 15, 2022.
For further information, if any, please contact –
OFFICE OF SUN PHARMA SCIENCE FOUNDATION
8C, 8th Floor, Hansalaya Building, 15-Barakhamba Road,
Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110 001 (India)
Tel. (91-11) 23721414/ 23721415
e-mail – [email protected].
website – www.sunpharmasciencefoundation.net.
Click here for the notification
Click here to APPLY ONLINE
Editor’s Note: Sun Pharma Science Foundation Science Scholar Awards 2022. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.
Upload your CV to Biotecnika