ZSI PDF Post Available For Zoology & Life Sciences, Applications Invited
ZSI PDF Post Available For Zoology & Life Sciences, Applications Invited. PhD Zoology, Life Sciences post doctoral fellow job at the Zoological Survey of India. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FORESTS & CLIMATE CHANGE
ZOOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA
Southern Regional Centre
Santhome High Road
RECRUITMENT OF POST DOCTORAL FELLOW
Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for POST DOCTORAL FELLOW in Zoological Survey of India, Southern Regional Centre, Chennai-28. The position is for a period of one year and purely on a temporary basis and will be terminated or renewed based on performance.
Name of the Post – Post Doctoral Fellow
No. of Posts – 01 (One)
General Instructions –
- The Last Date for submission of the completely filled application form is 11th July 2022.
- The upper age limit for applying for the award of PDF shall be 40 years as of the date of application. The upper age limit is relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)/Women/ Physically Challenged applicants as per Govt. of India rules.
- Candidates who have submitted their PhD thesis awaiting awards are eligible to apply provided if they are selected, they will be considered as SRF till their award of PhD degree and fellowship shall be paid accordingly. Such candidates are required to submit proof of submission of PhD thesis.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualifications and experience. Mere possession of qualification and experience may not entertain a candidate called for interview or selection. Although, there is an indication for a number of vacancies, the Director, ZSI reserve the right to a selection of any number of candidates.
- Short-listed candidates will be informed through email and speed post for appearing before an interview committee. A candidate called for an interview will be paid Second Class Railway fares by the shortest route from his/her place of permanent residence to the place of interview and back. However, ZSI will not provide accommodation for candidates appearing for the interview.
- At the time of the verification of original documents (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicants will not be considered for selection and due action will be implemented.
- Candidates selected will be liable to post anywhere in the country, including field sites and HQ, regional centres of ZSI will have to join immediately after their selection.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website
http://zsi.gov.in. Incomplete applications and applications without supporting documents will be rejected and or not considered. While filling out the application, the candidate to ensure the correct email ID and Mobile Number as further communication to the candidates by email and mobile-only.
- Applications must be accompanied by a Fee in the form of an Account Payee Bank Demand Draft (Rs.400/- for general candidates, Rs. 200/- for OBC candidates and Rs.100/- for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes/PH candidates) in favour of the Pay and Accounts Officer(BSI/ZSI), 234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace Complex, Kolkata-20. Fee once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility norms including educational qualification(s) as on the date of submission of the application.
- Candidates should submit the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof of date of birth etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the present employer (if employed) to The Officer-in-Charge, Southern Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India, #130, Santhome High Road, Chennai-600 028 by Speed Post/Registered Post super scribed on the top of the envelope Application for POST DOCTORAL FELLOW 11th July 2022. The last date of receipt of applications from candidates in northeastern states, Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti, Pangi and Chamba, Andaman Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep will be 18th July 2022.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement.
The last date for submission of the application form is 11/07/2022
Educational Qualifications – PhD or equivalent degree in Zoology/ Life Sciences from a recognized University in India and having 3 years of research/teaching experience (duration of PhD to be considered as research experience) in a recognized Institution/University after M.Sc. with at least two research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journals.
Desirable Qualifications – Research experience in taxonomy, molecular systematics, zoology, experience in handling DNA lab equipment, molecular data analysis and data interpretation supported by publications, field survey experience in nature and wildlife, wildlife photography, knowledge
PDFs are expected to undertake extensive field surveys in the mountains, forests, wetlands and coastal and marine areas of India and therefore, required to be physically fit to undertake research in terrain and hostile conditions. PDFs will be required to survey in the Eco-Sensitive Zones of India including North-Eastern Regions and will be posted based on requirements.
Remuneration – Rs. 47,000/- plus Admissible HRA (As per rules) per month, Rs. 49,000/- & Rs.54,000/- in subsequent years based on performance and recommendations of the committee.
Click here for notification and download the application format
Editor’s Note: ZSI PDF Post Available For Zoology & Life Sciences, Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.
Upload your CV to Biotecnika